Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4K-October

C4K #3-Dynamite Man Vs. Titanium Guy (Part 1)
This student's post kind of confused me (due to spelling and jumbling of words) but I think it was about a super hero by the name of Dynamite Man and he was fighting Titanium Guy. He said that Dynamite Man's secret identity was Wayne Woku and Titanium Guy's was Mike Fast. The two enemies were fighting, then they began to chase each other and ended up falling off of a cliff. The student says that he is going to post a Part 2 to the story. In my comment, I said that I loved the story and could not wait for Part 2.
C4K #4-Success
Michael Jordan
Scott's post was by far one of my favorites that I have commented on. He talks about Michael Jordan and his story. Jordan did not make his high school JV basketball team, then ended up being one of the greatest basketball players in the history of the sport. Scott talks about how the greatest gift you can have is not athletic ability, but work ethic. He relates Jordan's life story to his project that he is working on. Scott says that if he works hard enough, he can get the grade he wants. He ended the post with this great quote from Michael Jordan: “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” If we all work as hard as we can for our dreams, we will not only fulfill those, but reach new dreams we never thought we could.
C4K #5-Lost Island
JJ describes a trip he took to the water trip. In great detail, he describes riding the roller coaster, going on several different slides, and the food he had for lunch that day. JJ talks about how crowded the water park was that day and how they had to wait in line for several attractions. This trip sounds like one that I would have taken as a kid. In my comment, I told JJ about how I enjoyed his descriptions and they made me feel as if I were actually there. Also, I encouraged him to go again someday because he had such a great time.
C4K #6-Alberta Animoto
Ashton is from Alberta, Canada. He decided to make an Animoto video about the Parkland Region of Alberta. There are several pictures of trees and sky landscapes that look very pretty. It looks like a place that would be nice to visit one day. I commented and said how cool some of his pictures were that he used and how I would like to learn how to use Animoto.
C4K #7-Strolling Down Merion Road in Dublin
Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santoli took a trip to Ireland for an Education Conference. During their trip, they stopped by Dublin and walked down Merion Road. Some of the stops along this street include Guinness, Insomnia Coffee Company, and Bewley's Hotel. They walked along here shortly after they arrived in Dublin due to their hotel being close. In my comment, I told them that my uncle was born and raised in Ireland and that he would love to see these pictures. Also, I told them that I hoped they are having an amazing time!
C4K #8-Squirrel Hunting
Ryan wrote about his latest squirrel hunting expedition in his post. He talked about the many adventures he endured with his friend Maccoy and Maccoy's dad (Cory). In his story, he said that he tricked Maccoy into growling at a hole in the ground by telling him that the squirrels would jump out of it. All three of the outdoorsmen shot at least one squirrel and their reward was that Grandma cooked them for them to eat. I told Ryan that I had never been squirrel hunting before, but would be open to trying it and that he was a really good storyteller.
squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment