Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4K #4-Reflections of the TZSTeacher

Post #1-Believe
In this post, Paula White talks about how we must instill belief in our students in order for them to believe in themselves. I do not understand why people want to get into the field of education if this is not their goal. We are the only positive reinforcement that some of these kids have, so we are the key to their success. I thanked White for her post and told her this is why I want to go into the teaching field. She commented back saying that she wanted me to share my success stories with her and let her know when I have instilled belief into a student.

Post #2-Technology-How Did I Get Started?
computer
Paula White is known for using technology in the classroom and was asked one day on Twitter how she got started with technology. 140 characters wasn't enough as she went on in great detail about how she got to where she is today. As a child, she was very innovative and enjoyed figuring things out. White also talks about her first encounter with a computer, which filled up an entire room! In 1999, she was rewarded for her accomplishments in the classroom with the Apple Distinguished Educator award. Paula White is an inspiration and I will be visiting her site often whenever I become a teacher for tips and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment