Saturday, September 22, 2012

Project #3- C4T #1

The Power of Educational Technology
Wednesday, July 18, 2012-Focusing on What Works!
Mrs. Liz Davis' post pertained to a book called The Thin Book Of Appreciative Inquiry by Sue Annis Hammond. It gave us eight tips that can be used in the workplace or life. These included:
1. "In every society, organization, or group something works."
2. "What we focus on becomes our reality."
3. "Reality is created in the moment, and there are multiple realities."
4. "The act of asking questions of an organization or group influences the group in some way."
5. "People have more confidence and comfort to journey to the future (the unknown) when they carry forward parts of the past (the known)."
6. "If we carry parts of the past forward, they should be what is best about the past."
7. "It is important to value differences."
8. "The language we use creates our reality."
The Thin Book of Appreciative Inquiry
Under each of these tips, Davis gives a description. In my comment, I told her how I would definitely use these suggestions as an educator and how helpful they would be. Also, I talked about how the book sounded interesting and that I would love to read it.

Wednesday, September 19,2012-iPad Ideas for Sept 19, 2012
This post showed it's readers how to add an icon on an iPad or iPhone for a link to any website you would like. This can be very useful because it is sometimes very time consuming to type in a web address with your fingers every time you need to get to a website. In the classroom, this would be an easy way for your students to quickly get to a page that you are using for your class session. I told Mrs. Davis that I thought this concept was genius. Also, I sometimes have trouble with the iPhone keyboard due to it being so small. This will save me from that hassle of typing things I do not want.

1 comment: